Featured Post

Introduction to this blog

In this blog you will find the many motivations behind the hoarding lifestyle so maybe those who are not hoarders can understand the mind o...

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Free stuff hoarding

While online you stumble upon a site called freecycle and think-wow I can get rid of all my stuff to people who really want my junk I don't feel right throwing away because someone may get some use out of it. So you join and see posts for free stuff you could use "someday" so you email a response and they email back with where to pick

 it up. So you go pick up your new treasure. What a thrill! You actually were the first to respond and you won-so to speak-the item, and you didn't even have to spend a dime, wow! Suddenly your intent of joining to get rid of stuff goes immediately to the back burner, because all the items you someday will use may go to someone else.

You may end up watching the message board all hours of the night and day to be the first to respond to get the items that you may someday use. I mean you know those things that may come in handy on odd occasions, yeah, those things.
Just to think, you now have a garage full of free stuff you someday will use, but the original intent was to get rid of your bedroom full of stuff that you've come to realize you won't ever use these items ever again, yet you seemed to increase the pile 3 times the original size. Because your double car garage is now a storage unit without the outrageous monthly charges attached to the handy building that keeps things out of sight and out of mind.

Good thoughts, bad outcome.

2 comments:

  1. hehehehe...sounds like me...between freecycle and ebay i have all sorts of things that would be easily housed in 3 homes not an overstuffed garage ceiling high! (you put into words what i am too afraid to admit to lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoy my blog sorry I don't check comments for some reason I don't get notified of them or I overlook the notifications so I will try and do better lol glad to be of service to you :)

      Delete