Featured Post

Introduction to this blog

In this blog you will find the many motivations behind the hoarding lifestyle so maybe those who are not hoarders can understand the mind o...

Friday, March 23, 2012

going to be over stepping my boundaries soon

Alright, I am tired of the clutter its past time for me to step up to the plate but I think we finally found a medication that helps with my pain...which means I do have Neuropathy which is where my nerves send signals to my brain saying pain pain pain but when in fact there is no pain at all its just misfired nerves...I am on neurontin which so far has been a blessing in the pain department but in the OCD and can't sleep department it has really taken its tole on me...but the pain is managed so I can soon get this spring cleaning underway and hopefully not step too far over my boundaries and get rid of a bunch of our stuff that is cluttering our lives making me feel like a hoarder. It no doubt will be hard...I will struggle to get rid of things but it just has to happen...I can't live like this anymore...yes I wish someone would come in and direct me...but the only reason for this as my wise aunt told me...is because I don't want to take blame if it doesn't turn out well and someone points out the faults in the progress...then I wouldn't own that shame or disappointment...who ever directed me will be to blame...so I just gotta set out and do it for me and to please me and my family and thats all that matters...I don't need others approval other than them anyway...which is a hard thing to overcome but I am working on that...anyway...life definitely hasn't been easy...we lost my husband's sister...she died...its been hard on us all...anyway...I just gotta suck everything up and do what needs to be done so hopefully soon I will have updates on a regular basis and progress to brag about...I gotta go back to www.flylady.net and get my fly on...and just do 5 mins then 10 mins then 15 mins then 20 mins and thats it...I don't have to do any more cleaning than that at a time...I probably will stay at one level of minutes for a while gradually getting more time on the clock...but the limit is not to burn myself out on the task at hand which is easy for me to do...as with anyone...so yeah...I as usual have big plans and I do plan to follow through this time...I know I have said it before...and didn't...I am the best at starting things that I don't finish...one of the faults I have to live with every waking hour of every day...I can't wait till the day I accomplish what I set out to do...that will be such a great day for me...it will mean I can do anything I set out to do...and yeah...this whole trying to get instruction from others so I have someone to blame if it doesn't work...yeah gotta stop that...for sure...anyways...
I will talk to you later everyone.
God Bless you and keep your hearts light and your feet firmly planted on the ground
Sincerely,
Rabeka Jo
p.s. what have you gotten done in your hoard progress? brag in the comments below...maybe it will encourage me to get to it and stick to it...I appreciate all my followers and I hope you can learn something from me and apply it to your lives as well as you to comment and inspire me to keep going...thank you for your time...talk to you later :-)

6 comments:

  1. I hate this process, but am at least getting rid of some stuff tomorrow by doing a yard sale. I hate them, but I sooooo need to do it. I don't know if I am a real hoarder because I do love parting with all my stuff. I just haven't wanted to put in the time and energy to actually do it. This is a start though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this process is so drawn out and overwhelming...we live in an instant gratification society so when we cant instantly get things where we want them in our lives we slack off and lose motivation...good luck with your Yard sale I suggest just a one day sale then have thrift store come pick up or load up your car or truck and take the load down there yourself and don't look back...I have to look at that as a fresh start and on forward into a clutter free lifestyle and I can't wait to get there...we plan to have another Yard sale this year not doing the 3 day nor don't think 2 day going to stick to one day because I personally shrugged off day 3 and shrugged off half the second day cause it wasn't going too well...so Thursday was the best day sales wise...anyways...thank you for sharing your plans and commenting thats awesome! Keep at it we can get through and get our homes the way we deserve them to be with Flylady's help for sure! God Bless

      Delete
    2. Checking in on you see how you are doing?

      Delete
  2. I just started reading your blog, as I have just stumbled across it, via Flylady's Facebook page. I would first like to say that I absolutely admire your strength in taking this disease on, alone...by no means is that an easy thing to do. Growing up, I had a problem with wanting to keep everything...even garbage...I crammed it in buckets with lids to keep it from sight but it was always there. I don't know that it is considered hoarding, but still...
    When I moved out if my mother's home I found myself in a pretty nasty situation. I moved in with my, then boyfriend, and his family ; huge mistake. His family was what I call "Nasty Hoarding" everything to the point is was unsanitary. It was then that the lifestyle opened my eyes and forced me to want to change.
    I was pregnant when I joined Flylady and prayed, with all I had, that she could help me get that filthy mess under control before my son was born. The extent of the hoarding that took place in that house was disgusting...from clothes with massive holes to garbage and food scraps...you name it. I spent three months of my pregnancy trying to reclaim that home on my own but the odds were always against me. I would get a strong head start and they would bring more crap in. I spent months fighting a losing battle.
    Just before my son was born, 2 months before his ETA, I finally got out of that mess and swore to myself that I was going to change the lifestyle I was living. My son is now 8 months old and, with the assistance of Flylady, I am happy to say that we are living a minimalist lifestyle and the clutter is gone!

    Never lose your attitude, throughout your journey! It will carry you places that nothing else can; TRUST ME!!!! There will be days youwant to sit in the and cry...and that is okay. Cry, and move forward. Always remember what Flylady tells us: It didn't get cluttered in one day. It won't be cleaned in one day.
    If you feel the need to just walk away for a while, stop what you are doing and walk away for 15 minutes. You can do this, baby steps....!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing testimony! Thank you for sharing! I intend to stick to it and yes I know Flylady works I made big time headway on my house sticking to the program its just the sticking to it sometimes I find myself struggling...we regained our entryway today and set up a tower computer so thats a baby step towards getting the house cleaned...Thank you so much for your comment thats wonderful I would encourage you to keep reading my blog and if you haven't read my oldest posts to new that maybe something you may want to do so you can get grasp of the hoarding thinking process so not to fall back into it in the future...so you can recognize it and stop it when it starts to resurface...again thank you for your comment and visiting I really appreciate it! God Bless you sweetheart!

      Delete
    2. Checking in on you how is it going with your hoard?

      Delete